Design/Build is the project delivery system where COLTON Constructors has excelled for over thirty years. Our Arizona design/build services allow the owner a single source of responsibility for the entire project, providing a close, team-oriented working relationship.
- All design and construction is handled under one contract number, with a single point of contact for the entire project.
- COLTON facilitates hiring the architectural team and any specialty consultants.
- The design team works with the owner from day one to design a building best suited to the owner's needs and budget and schedule.
- The best construction value, most sensible materials and methods, and the owner's requirements are all designed into the project.
- Allows for pre-purchasing of materials and bringing speciaty trades on board early.
- Works best for owners who have been through the construction process before.
- Fast Track Construction.
Over 45 years ago, COLTON Constructors began by constructing pre-engineered metal structures.
Pre-engineered building can be adapted to almost any shape and function. It takes experience and know how to take a project's parameter and accurately apply it so that conventional materials such as masonry, concrete, and metal studs will work together and that all of the engineering benefits of the different materials can be realized.
Colton Constructors, Inc. has been providing subcontracting services for Phoenix general contractors and owners for over 45 years.
Colton Constructors and American Buildings Company have teamed up and together can service anything from your most simple to your most complex project. Experience is important in a builder/manufacturer team to make sure that you are getting a structure built the way you want it at a competitive price and erected in a timely manner. Track records are important and the ongoing relationship between the manufacturer and builder will add up to value for the building owner/contractor with a more efficient design which will ultimately save you time and money.
- Pre-engineered buildings have become more sophisticated and have come a long way from the "shade and shelter" days. Colton has teamed up with American Building Company who is a member of the MBMA and is AISC-MB shop certified.
- In addition to having decades of experience and representing the finest pre-engineered metal structure manufacturers, COLTON can provide labor on pre-engineered buildings.
- We can assist your architect/engineer to answer questions about your pre-engineered building and make decisions throughout the design process.
Colton Constructors has a diverse track record working as a Phoenix general contractor with the completion of many different facilities, including distribution, aircraft hangers, uniform laundry facilities, mining operations, office warehousing, printing facilities, food service, office buildings, and many types of manufacturing facilities. Let Colton show you how we can be an asset to your project team.
- Since 1970, the COLTON management team has partnered with clients to "provide distinctive and personalized service from conception through completion."
- COLTON works closely with owners and architects by providing input and establishing costs as the project is being designed.
- By selecting a contractor early, it allows costs to be established in advance, and the pre-purchasing of long-lead, allowing fast track completion.
- We are licensed in several states and maintain an exemplary safety record.
- We are bondable through St. Paul/Travelers Surety.
- Our financial strength and longevity show that COLTON is the right choice.
- Project Control is of utmost importance during the evolution of a project. We currently utilize programs to control Scheduling, Estimating, Subcontractor Database Tracking, Job Costing, and Project Management.
- Our continual reinvestment into the company ensures that we are current in trend and development in order to better serve our clients.
- Let us present the COLTON solution.
COLTON Constructors feels that integrating energy efficient and environmentally friendly products into a Phoenix construction project not only makes good economic sense with reduced energy costs but will also give employees a space that they will be comfortable and proud of. That is why Colton Constructors' new Tempe headquarters was designed and constructed around LEED standards and has currently submitted to the USGBC for a Silver level of certification.
Colton Constructors has the experience to assist you in integrating sustainable design features into your next project or evaluating whether certification of your facility is a feasible endeavor.
Project: Colton Constructors Office Building
- Diverted over 77% of the construction waste and demolition products from the landfills.
- Achieved daylight views in over 90% of the office space.
- Salvaged existing roof structure by jacking it up for an additional 2 feet of clearance.
- Reduced energy consumption through high-efficiency units, lighting controls, and exterior insulation system.
- Reduced water consumption.